Student Program Details
What is the Student Program?The Student Program at the ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit is a unique opportunity for student energy leaders to engage with companies searching for new talent, as well as learn about new energy initiatives. The 100 graduate-level students selected to participate in the Student Program have the opportunity to attend the Summit, participate in additional student-focused panel sessions, and network with corporate recruiters. The 2015 selected students will include a diverse mix of technical, business, and policy students from top institutions, who are energy leaders on their campuses and have the goal of transitioning to a professional career in the energy sector.
How does a student submit and what information will be needed?The online application will open August 2014. Applicants should be prepared to upload a pdf version of their resume and answer the following questions.
- Explain why you are interested in attending the 2015 ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit and what you hope to gain from participating in the 2015 student program.
- Describe your on-campus involvement related to energy, whether in the form of energy clubs, on-campus energy efficiency research, or other organizations.
- Highlight/expand on any other accomplishments or activities you would like to have taken under consideration.
What is included in a Student Program Registration?Accepted students will receive a complementary student registration pass to the Summit. Each participant is responsible for making and paying their own travel and hotel accommodations.
What are the application due dates and when will I be notified of acceptance?
- Deadline for applications: 11/21/2014
- Accept/regret notices emailed beginning: 12/5/2014
- Student invitation acceptance by: 12/17/2014
Note: If a student declines the invitation to attend the Student Program, an alternate will be invited.