Why AttendThe ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit is the premier event dedicated to transformative energy solutions. This unique event brings together thought leaders from academia, business, and government to discuss cutting-edge energy issues and facilitate relationships to help move technologies into the marketplace. The Summit’s strategic combination of leaders makes it the perfect forum for developing energy solutions that will enable America to out-innovate its global competitors.
- Experience first-hand the latest technological advancements across a wide variety of energy sectors
- Hear keynotes from industry leaders and luminaries on the future of energy technology
- Attend practical seminars on core concepts and skills for transitioning cutting-edge technologies into successful commercial products
- Network with breakthrough technology companies, federal government leaders, entrepreneurs and researchers who are ready to collaborate
- Share best practices during interactive panel sessions
About ARPA-EThe U.S. Department of Energy's Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) has hosted the Energy Innovation Summit for the past four years. It brings together the nation’s most innovative minds to team together on potential breakthroughs in energy technologies.
ARPA-E funds transformational projects that create entirely new ways to source, distribute, and use energy. Its unique approach combines world-class Program Directors with multi-disciplinary teams to identify promising solutions to the nation’s most critical energy problems. By leveraging the best practices of academia, business, and government, ARPA-E can fast-track new innovative technologies into the marketplace. This push for innovative technologies is critical to securing the nation’s global technology leadership.
2013 Summit Highlights
- 2,200+ registered attendees from 49 states, Puerto Rico and 26 countries
- 150+ expert speakers and keynote addresses
- Technology Showcase displaying more than 280 breakthrough energy technologies from ARPA-E awardees and other innovative companies
- Attendance and comments by a bipartisan group of U.S. Senators and Representatives
- Dynamic panel discussions and networking sessions that enabled participants to meet with ARPA-E Program Directors, global industry leaders and energy technologists